Barn Hill Preserve's FREE mobile program consists of one, 45-minute oral presentation on our LIVE animal ambassadors. Our program offers students the unique experience to get up close and personal with animals they may have never seen before! Students participate by asking questions, getting involved in demonstrations, and responding to the speaker, making our program both educational and entertaining!
Our enthusiastic public speakers tailor the presentation to the age of their audience and regulary present to students pre-K - 12th grade.
Barn Hill Preserve's exotic animal education program is 100% FREE to both your students and school. We fund our free program by providing students the opportunity to purchase pictures with our live animal ambassadors. These 6x4 photos are $10 each and are taken in front of our jungle themed backdrop! We also offer symbolic adoption kits of our animal ambassadors and other Barn Hill Preserve merchandise for students to show their support for our ambassadors and their cousins out in the wild!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a maximum or minimum number of students per presentation?
- We have a minimum of 300 students per presentation and no maximum.
How many presentations can be given in a day?
- We can give up to three presentations in a day, but do our best to limit the number of presentations in order to reduce stress on our animals.
Where can presentations be held?
- Indoors or outdoors
- Auditorium/Cafeteria/Gymnasium/Outdoor Pavilion
- Barn Hill on Wheels outdoor drive-thru presentations can be set up in your school's parking lot!
What does Barn Hill need from my school?
- Permission slips given out and collected from every student participating in our assembly.
- Accurate teacher total forms kept by individual teachers